Friday, August 8, 2008

Long time no post!

Well, it's been over a month since my last post, and though I've been super busy, there's NOTHING NEW! Eep! How can that be? Well, it's not exactly true, let me summarize my month:

My super special secret project I've been hinting at is almost finalized! Yay! A few select people who are "in the loop" know about it and I can talk freely with them. That's been a huge relief. I still want to wait until things are more final before I say much. And by that, I mean I want to wait until I have more signatures on papers and our lawyers are satisfied. But needless to say, it's been progressing at the rate satisfactory to us. Every day more gets done, and I'm beginning to feel like my brain has been replaced with a business zombie. I don't think I'm obsessed about it, but it seems to be one of the few topics of conversation I'm capable of. Duh.

The radio station is still in limbo. Not that it's a bad thing. (see previous posts for info on said radio station). We had the CRTC hearing the first week in June. I think it went well. And at the end they said "thank you for participating, we'll get back to you on our decision whenever the hell we feel like it. Oh, say end of August. Or maybe September. Hell, don't be surprised if we don't let you know until October." And by "letting us know" they actually mean no person will ever call us or contact us with the information. We must look every day on the CRTC website, where they post all the information on an obscure link. Niiice. I guess that's the government for you. So nothing new, please stop asking me. (ha ha, I keed...)

My daughter continues to be a force in the swimming pool. She was a consistant medal winner throughout the summer at her tournaments (two bronze medals, two silver, one gold) and then she had regionals. Well, if my heart could've burst with pride, it would have. I was trying ont to let her get her hopes up because all the best swimmers in the region come out for this meet. We were not expecting her to get to the finals, but she did just that. Qualified in ALL her races (four of them, no relay) and then in finals: three first place finishes and one second place finish! OMG! She was crying, I was weepy eyed. A great mother/daughter moment! This means she's going to the provincials in ALL her events! Yeah! Unfortunately, I will not be attending the provincials. I have a conference I have to go to that's been booked for a year. So I will be spending my second year wedding anniversary AND my daughter's provincial swim meet alone in Las Vegas.

And for every weekend that has not been a swim meet (nearly all of them were) we've tried to camp, boat or relax, and none of that has worked out yet. Not even one little tiny craft! Eep! Although tonite I'm going to sit down and craft a really cool card I had an idea for. It's a corset card, and will be for my sister in law's wedding tomorrow. She's doing a really cool medieval themed wedding (the cake topper is a dragon!) Totally awesome! So I'll get that card done, and will post pictures to prove I'm really still alive. LOL So a wedding this weekend, vegas next weekend, then august is half over! I'm gearing up for quite a few craft projects soon though. Wedding invitations etc. I'm looking forward to September for several reasons though. My special little project will be finalized, which will free up my time...

Other than that, I wanted to let all of you know that the new Stampin' Up! Catalogue is finally here! Yay!! It looks awesome! Please let me know if you want to buy one ($13 each) Or get one FREE (host a party) Whoever books a party with me in September will get a FREE stamp set in addition to the catalogue! If you are a lot like me and don't have any time for a party but still would like to browse a catalogue or place a catalogue order, please contact me!

Have a fun August, keep crafting, and I'll see you all back in September!
ciao!

No comments: