Thursday, May 27, 2010

Craft Must Have #2

Sure, so I can probably fill my entire blog with a wish list, but the Imprintor is really special. And so is the next thing on my wish list. Again, it will allow me to craft while making money. How awesome is that?! Follow your heart! Find a job that allows you to do what you love! And then incorporate MORE of what you love into what you do! Seems like a recipe for success for me.

Other than trying my hand at silk screening in my high school Visual Communications class, I had no interest. Why? The process was long, messy and complicated. And it just didn't hold my interest. When I first found out about Gocco, I didn't start off as being super enthused. Silk screening? I thought I crossed that one off my list! But after seeing the machine in action, seeing the projects and its versatility, I changed my mind in a hurry! Now that I'm firmly bitten by the silk screening bug, it doesn't take much to get me going.

My husband and I were walking through Micheals Craft Store in Edmonton. He was there to help me with my halloween tombstone decorations, or something similar. He's ALL into crafting with powertools. And he doesn't call it crafting. That's not manly! When I spotted this wonderful little machine: Yudu™ Personal Screen Printer. It is advertised as such:
"The Yudu™ screen-printing system is the easiest, cleanest way to let everyone know who you are—and how you see the world. Don’t settle for what everyone else is wearing or spend hours futilely trying to find a t-shirt that expresses the real you. With access to a computer and an ink-jet printer, you’ll be able to create and print your own designs not only for t-shirts or other apparel, but also for home décor, art prints, posters, cards, schoolwork, and much more! With this revolutionary personal screen printer, you can let your voice be heard today, no matter where you are or what you’re doing. Unsilence yourself today with the Yudu™ Personal Screen Printer."
Unsilence myself?! Yes! Let me scream my identity from the mountaintop! Or, my t-shirt. And again, I can see myself making MONEY with this beauty! It's so shiny! And purple! And the accessories - oh my! Oh my is right. Like all other craft obsessions I am known to get into, this one comes with many many many accessories, which all cost money. Darn. But I'm saving up. I just don't know what I'll get first - the Imprintor or the Yudu.

Tell me about YOUR favorite craft or craft machine or hobby! I want to hear all about it!

No comments: