Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Busy busy busy busy...

I've had some pretty awesome stuff I've been wanting to blog for a while, (I've found the BEST repent sinner cards I have been DYING to post pics of) but unfortunately I've had so much to do and such little time. Not even one evening of crafts have been squished into my crazy busy schedule. :( (sigh)

I've got my own personal crafts, some 3-D boot shaped party favors to make, wedding invites to finish, pants to hem, a whole house to clean, I must get over all my infectious illnesses so I can be cleared to go back to the gym so I can feel guilty about NOT going to the gym. Work has been super crazy busy, and THEN I get a call yesterday asking me to testify at the CRTC hearings! Eep!

If you don't remember (or have started reading my blog more recently) I had posted a few months back that my boss had put together an application to obtain a broadcasting license for am FM station for the County of Leduc. It's this big, huge, long and technical process just to put the application in, and then if it's accepted, you have to appear before a panel of experts who ask questions, point out problems, clarify facts in your application. Well, that was yesterday, and I was asked to appear and speak on behalf of my boss. I was honoured to be asked, and excited to be a larger part of the entire process, so I went. It was a really interesting day. I got to see how the process works, see other applicants pleading their case, and answering questions. I got to speak about the research done and programming. I feel a bit bad about not answering more questions, but if I did, I would probably be feeling bad about saying the wrong thing. Heh. So now it's a waiting game. Wait for their decision. It's only a few months away...

No comments: