Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Hair!

I haven't blogged in SUCH a long time! It's been so busy, with my projects that I've been doing. I've started stamping a recipe book that I thought would be my "fun summer project". Uh huh. If it gets past the stage it's currently at, I'll be surprised. And amazed. Right now, I've got about 30 recipe cards with the lines stamped on. And that's about it. I still have to ... well, do everything including figure out what recipes I want to put in the book, and write them on the cards. Forget about assembling everything! Sheesh!

But I did partake in one of my favorite crafts last week - changing my hair! Maybe it's not traditionally a craft, but it is pretty awesome! In my life I've had my hair a multitude of colors (brown, blonde, black, red, cherry red, blue, green, purple, yellow, orange, fire engine red, and a combination of all of those.) And my hair has been all lengths (including almost bald thanks to an oopsie that had me chemically burn the hair off my head - right before Christmas! hee hee...)
So just this past week, I finally got sick of trying to grow it out, and got it cut into nifty layers including bangs! I haven't had bangs in forever. They're side sweeping, covering my left eye and they're driving me NUTS! Oh well. It looks good. I got my hair dyed jet black (my favorite color for my hair for the past two years) with cherry red "panels" of color chunked in. This will keep me happy until I'm sick of it next. However long that will take.

Other than that, my summer has been filled with playing catch up. Rob and I are still working on our secret project, which is less time intensive, but still taking a lot of time. And that leaves no time for anything else. One day a week we're furiously cleaning the house because we haven't had any time to do it any other day. The weekends are a wash because Kathleen is in swim club, and every weekend is a tournament. She's doing really well. She's got a whole bunch of "beat my time" ribbons and has won first, second or third in nearly most of her races, and even took home gold (for best overall) at one swim meet, and a bronze at another. I'm so proud of her, and she loves it, which makes giving up every weekend worth it, but it still leaves us with NO TIME! Ahhh! I figure I can rest when I'm dead. That just leaves me with one problem: when am I gonna get time to do my crafts?!

No comments: