Monday, August 30, 2010

Subliminally Yours...


When I was a kid, my mom had a book in the house called Subliminal Seduction. A book about subliminal advertising that had glossy photos in the middle of the book showing how an ice cube in a whiskey advertisement spelled out the word "SEX", how the camel's hump on the pack of Camel cigarettes looks like a breast. It was a mentally titillating book.
Whether or not it works, whether or not it's intentionally placed there by corporate giants looking to brainwash the masses, or just bored artists and graphic designers is for the experts to discuss doesn't matter to me. Hidden images exist, and I love finding them. It's like the grown up version of "spot the 10 hidden images" on the back of Highlights magazines when I was a child. Google "subliminal" to get yourself started. Then you'll be searching every ad for hidden meanings, messages and images. Just like me. (Can you spot the hidden image in the above image? Look really closely, and if you need a hint, the picture at the bottom of the post.)

No comments: