Thursday, September 20, 2012

Let's get dixie-fried!

I've been everywhere, man! Work related activities have been at an all time high for me these days! Regional business conferences, Women in Business conferences! Client meetings, networking meetings, committee meetings and business travel on top of all that - phew! Oh my!

But I love it. I really REALLY do. Recently I was reminded about why I love what I do, and it's rejuvinated me. However, I have to remember to put ME first. With business, family and friends, it's easy to put me on the back burner, and forget I need TLC. Bubble baths, read a fun book, get a really great - sweaty work out that gets your blood pumping! Eat something you shouldn't. Get lots of sleep and the permission to make mistakes, and the permission to be SUPER silly.

But with the permission to love myself and make mistakes, I've decided this Friday is BEATNIK day at my regular watering hole. Everyone knows that I go to the same place on the same day to engage in my "relaxation technique". While there, I will be engaging in beatnik phrases, dress and perhaps a poetry slam and some really intense silly dances! (I've been practicing... heyyyy, sexy lay-day!)\

Why don't YOU do something silly? Out of character fun, silly and abstract? I promise to post pictures of my insanity if you do! Get out of character, and give yourself permission to just have fun. Don't worry about what you look like, and let loose! I predict lower stress levels and higher productivity at work! Try it!!

No comments: