Thursday, May 12, 2011

Short skirts, long jackets

This winter had been so long and so cold and so depressing. I'm certainly glad to see the sun, and even on not so warm spring days, and days where the wind is blowing, I'm so appreciative of the sun and lack of snow, I can barely contain my smug satisfaction. Ha, winter. You thought you won, but you didn't. So there. Nah.

I decided to honor spring and summer and fall this year by wearing as many skirts as possible. It's skirt weather, damnit, so I'm going to indulge! And when I'm not wearing skirts, I'll be wearing shorts or cropped pants or skorts, or anything. My part time job demands I'm in pants, but for the remainder of the time - unless weather is REALLY NOT permitting, I'm going to my best to bare my legs and toes and enjoy what time we have in NOT winter as possible.

That started the first day of spring. I was in a skirt and sandals and was up to my ankles in slushy snow. And I froze my toes happily, knowing it would only get better from there. And I have. In addition to the five long skirts I have, I also have five short skirts, and have purchased two more. (even shorter than my existing ones) And I have several pairs of shorts and capris, and a couple of dresses. Dressing like summer has certainly lifted my mood, and my outlook, and I can't wait to sit out on my porch swing with a summery drink and sit in my skirt and swing.

Ah, summer. Come hell or high water, I'ma gonna enjoy the hell outta you! <3

No comments: